Cannabis and Camping
Cannabis and camping go hand in hand and with most of us having our travel plans cancelled for the summer, we are venturing out into the wilderness instead. Not only does being out in the wilderness help us to let go of stress but cannabis helps us to manage anxiety.
Planning for safety is an important part of preparing for a camping trip. You should make sure to have your bug spray, and if you’re in BC you probably want to have bear spray or bear scars as well. In the same way, you want to plan for safety with your cannabis use while camping.
Cannabis Safety While Camping
Here are a few things to consider when it comes to cannabis use and the wilderness.
- Use products you’re already familiar with.
- Since you’re going to be in a less familiar environment, it makes sense to use products that you’re familiar with so you have a good understanding of how it’s going to impact you and the right dose for the experience you’re looking for.
- Note: edibles can often hit you differently and there are often more variables so many people suggest to avoid using edibles while camping unless they’re a regular part of your cannabis routine.
- Don’t adventure too far from camp.
- If you’re using THC in particular, it may be safer to stay in camp rather than going for a hike or swim for many people. You don’t want to get lost or injured if you’re impared.
- Have plenty of food and water.
- It’s always good to stay hydrated in the heat but it’s extra important when consuming some cannabis products. Also, you want to make sure you have easy snacks to eat in case you get the munchies or don’t feel like turning on the camp stove.
- Don’t smoke alone.
- While you’re away from the city, particularly out of cell phone service area, it’s important to not venture off alone.
- Have a first aid kit.
- First aid doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with cannabis use in particular but it’s something you should always make sure you have on any camping trip.
Best Miss Envy Products for Camping
Many of Miss Envy’s products are perfect for your next camping trip, here are some of our favourites.
Better Than Chocolate Bars
These tasty treats are perfect for a little snack or making s’mores! Our chocolates combine the antioxidants of raw cocoa with the properties of cannabis to offer a sinfully delicious treat you can feel good about. Always organic and made with love in small batches. They’re also gluten-free and vegan and come in four delicious flavours.
Miss Envy Buddha Topicals
Planning to go for a long hike while you’re out camping? Miss Envy’s Buddha topicals are the perfect solution for sore muscles and joints.
Read more about using cannabis for workout recovery.
While camping you’re also likely to be spending more time outside exposed to the sun and the elements. Cannabis topicals can be the perfect end of the day routine to keep your skin healthy and moisturized. (Read more about CBD for skincare and for treating Dermatitis).
There is even preliminary evidence that cannabis topicals are a possible treatment for sunburns. But don’t forgo the sunscreen or forget to bring the aloe.
Cannabis tinctures are a discrete, easy and smokeless want to get your desired dose of CBD or THC. Simply put a few drops under your tongue (and hold for 60 seconds). This is perfect to have in the morning to get you going or help you sleep.
Are you planning to bring your favourite Miss Envy products on your next camping trip? Make sure to stay safe, but also take pictures and tag us on social media!