We are staying home to flatten the curve, and while that’s keeping us safe many of us are looking for things to keep us busy. Why not bake? Turn on some good music, dance around the kitchen in whatever clothes (or lack of clothes) make you comfortable and turn baking into self-care. Cannabis baking for self-quarantine is not only self-care in the process but also in the product. Make some weed brownies and enjoy them all to yourself!
Don’t forget that you can still order all of Miss Envy’s products online.
Cannabis Baking for Self-Quarantine
Weed Brownies are a go-to for a cannabis baking session and now is the perfect time to get creative. Top them with some melted cannabis chocolate, or add your favourite flavour to spice it up- like crushed almonds or cinnamon.
Then next up we will share a simple peanut butter cookie recipe, because who doesn’t already have peanut butter at home?
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp Water
2 larger Eggs
1/3 cup of flour
1/2 cup coconut oil (mix Miss Envy’s infused coconut oil with regular coconut oil for desired dose *see notes)
Chocolate topping (or some other topping like m&m’s)
1/2 coconut oil is 400mg THC and 250mg CBD. We recommend starting with a lower dose so you can always have more (remember to wait approximately an hour before increasing the dose). Therefore, we recommend starting with 1/4 cup or less which would equal 200mg THC and 125mg CBD (remember to divide by the number of brownies you cut).
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (162°C).
- Grease brownie pan with butter.
- Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt, water and coconut oil to the mixing bowl. Whisk to blend all the ingredients together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating them as hard as you can with a whisk until the mixture is glossy.
- Add flour to the bowl and whisk the entire mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Bake the mix for about 20-30 minutes (check to see if they’re done by sticking in a toothpick and seeing if it comes out clean).
- Cut into squares based on your calculated approximate dose.
Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
Who doesn’t love cannabis peanut butter cookies? They’ll taste like the ones that grama used to make, but make sure not to have too many (or give them to your kids).
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup of coconut oil (mix Miss Envy’s infused coconut oil with regular coconut oil for desired dose *see notes)
1 cup Kraft Extra Creamy Peanut Butter (or use your favourite kind of peanut butter)
1 cup each granulated sugar and packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 coconut oil is 400mg THC and 250mg CBD. We recommend starting with a lower dose so you can always have more (remember to wait approximately an hour before increasing the dose). Therefore, we recommend starting with 1/4 cup or less which would equal 200mg THC and 125mg CBD (remember to divide by the total number of cookies).
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat coconut oil, peanut butter and sugars in a large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets, sprayed with cooking spray. Flatten each, in a criss-cross pattern, with tines of a fork.
- Bake 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 5 min.; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.
Have you done any cannabis baking in self-quarantine? Or come up with any other creative recipes? We would love to share them! Send us a message with your creations, here or on social media @miss.envybotanicals or use the hashtag #CookingWithEnvy!