Since Halloween has officially passed, many of us are now on to thinking about Christmas and other winter holidays. When we start thinking about the winter holidays the first thing that comes to mind is all of the festive beverages, especially the ones that keep you warm like cannabis-infused hot chocolate. Hot chocolate seems like the most simple beverage but there are so many different ways to make it, including a vegan hot chocolate option for those who are vegan or dairy-free. But also, have you tried cannabis white hot chocolate? Or you can garnish your beverage any way you like to make it a little more festive. Think outside of the whipped cream or the marshmallows, try a peppermint stick or a candy cane.
Cannabis-Infused Hot Chocolate
The quantities in this recipe make four cups of cannabis-infused hot chocolate.
6 oz. water
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups whole milk
6 ounces semisweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips, cut into fine pieces
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon of Miss Envy’s THC or CBD coconut oil (10mg CBD or 15mg THC)
To change the dose check out our measurement guide for accurate dosing.
For dairy-free and vegan hot chocolate replace the whole milk with a dairy-free option like almond or soy milk. For a thicker, more chocolatey beverage reduce the amount of water used.
How to make THC-infused hot chocolate
- Bring water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in cocoa powder until it is smooth with no lumps. Break up lumps with fingers before adding it in if needed.
- Add 3 cups of milk and return to a simmer.
- Whisk in chocolate and sugar and simmer while continuing to whisk constantly for about 5 minutes, until chocolate is melted and everything is smooth and creamy.
- Add hot chocolate to 4 mugs. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to each drink and stir to dissolve as it melts.
Cannabis White Hot Chocolate
This white chocolate cannabis hot chocolate can be served hot or cold for those who are less of a hot beverage fan and it is just as tasty.
1 teaspoon Miss Envy’s THC or CBD coconut oil (10mg CBD or 15mg THC)
4 ounces white chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups of milk
1 ounce sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Garnish of choice
- In a small pan on low heat, add 2 cups milk and let it come to a light boil.
- In a medium bowl, add your heavy cream and sugar.
- Whip the heavy cream till nice thick consistency and set aside.
- Remove your hot milk from the heat and add your white chocolate, vanilla extract, and cannabis coconut oil.
- Blend the mixture with a blender so the cannabis oil is incorporated evenly.
- Serve in a glass or cup and add your whipping cream on top.
- Garnish and serve!
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!