Looking for a fun creative project in the kitchen? Why not try your hand at making these tasty cannabis macaroons from La Fee Verte420? Getting creative helps to our minds and bodies busy during these challenging times, and the bonus of making a creative recipe in the kitchen is that you get an amazing treat out of it. Thanks so much to La Fee Verte for sharing this amazing recipe.
For the cookie:
3 egg whites (room temperature)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups almond flour
For the filling:
2 tbs Miss Envy Coconut Oil
1/4 cup jam of choice
Two tablespoons is approximately 94 mg THC or 60 mg CBD. Make sure to divide by the number of macaroons for an accurate dose; this recipe will make approximately 12-20 macaroons depending on the size you make them. You can increase the dose if you wish but La Fee Verte cautions from adding too much coconut oil as the filling may get oily.
Check out our measurement guide for information about accurate dosing with Miss Envy.
INSTRUCTIONS for Cannabis Macaroons
For the cookies:
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form (You should be able to flip the bowl upside down and nothing moves).
- In a separate bowl mix almond flour and powdered sugar.
- Gradually fold almond flour and powdered sugar into the whipped egg whites until mixed. (This is also where you would add food colouring if desired)
- Scoop mixture into a Ziploc bag and cut off the tip. Pipe small circles onto parchment or silicone lined baking sheets.
- Let sit uncooked on the sheet for at LEAST 45 minutes but an hour or two is better. This step is SUPER important otherwise your macarons will not hold their shape while baking.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10-12 mins.
For the filling:
- While the cookies are baking; In a saucepan melt coconut oil and add jam. Stir together.
- Put filling in a bowl and place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to stiffen up a bit.
Once the cookies and the filling are cool it’s just a matter of assembling these amazing cannabis macaroons.
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals or leave us a comment and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!