Who doesn’t love a good homemade pasta? It’s easy to pre-make a batch of sauce; then just boil up your favourite noodles and add some meat (if you’re feeling it) and you’re done. Love those easy prep meals during the week, but need something extra relax at the end of the day? Sore from work? Add Envy’s CBD coconut oil to your pasta sauce and feel the healing of CBD.
Often, I pair this CBD Shrimp pasta recipe with Envy’s THC Olive Oil salad dressing, especially on a Friday night. Check out the recipe for this salad dressing next week.
Cooking with Envy’s creations is so simple and convenient consider adding Envy’s THC Olive Oil or coconut oil in CBD or THC to almost any meal or even just adding one of our many tinctures, like our 1:1 THC/CBD, to your favourite beverage. And all of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
Pasta sauce: (8 servings)
¼ cup Envy’s CBD coconut oil (approx 125mg CBD or 16mg per serving)
1 onion, finely diced
1 rib celery, finely diced
Pinch of salt
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
2 tsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp dried italian herbs
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
Your favourite noodles. For this recipe I used tomato and basil spaghetti
Meat of your choice (not necessary). For this recipe I used frozen shrimp.
Garlic to taste
1 Tbsp Envy’s CBD coconut oil
- Place olive oil, onion, celery and a pinch of salt into a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until onions are very soft (about 15 minutes) stirring occasionally. Mix garlic into onion mixture and cook until fragrant (about a minute or or more).
- Pour tomatoes and their juice into a large mixing bowl and use your hands to crush the tomatoes until they look pureed.
- Mix sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, white wine vinegar, Italian herbs, and red pepper flakes into vegetable mixture. Raise heat to medium and cook just until the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in tomato past and bring to a simmer.
- Pour in tomatoes and parsley. Bring sauce to a simmer, turn heat to low, simmer for 1 ½ hours, adding a little water as the sauce cooks down. Stir occasionally.
Freeze the leftover sauce for the next time you make pasta.
- Boil water for noodles.
- When the water is boiled add the pasta and set a timer.
- Heat sauce pan for shrimp. Heat coconut oil in the pan just before adding the shrimp. With frozen shrimp run them under cold water to make sure there is no debris/ice crystals on them. Pat dry. Saute with garlic on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes depending on the size just until they are opaque
- Strain the pasta. Add the sauce and the shrimp. Enjoy!
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try leave us a comment on the website or send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!