Cannabis Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cookies
Who doesn’t love chocolate chunk cookies? These cannabis chocolate chunk tahini cookies are even better! The perfect snack or make them all CBD and have them as a quick breakfast.
Makes 12 large cookies
1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp Miss Envy coconut oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup tahini, well stirred
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups chocolate chips
1 Miss Envy chocolate bar, chopped in chunks
Flaky salt for topping
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, with a paddle attachment, cream together coconut oil, sugars and tahini until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the egg, yolk and vanilla and cream for an additional 2 minutes. If you don’t have a standing mixer, use a hand mixer and whip it good!
- By hand, mix the dry ingredients to the wet 1/2 at a time. Mix until just combined, do not over mix! Fold in chocolate chips and chunks.
- Chill dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the chilled dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet about 2″ apart. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. They will look puffed and underbaked but will continue to cook as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Top with flaky salt and enjoy!
To make these chocolate chunk cookies gluten-free, you can substitute the whole wheat flour with 1 cup plus 3 tbsp of gluten-free 1 to 1 baking flour.