Cannabis Cocktails for the Holidays
Cannabis cocktails (or mocktails) are a fun way to consume your cannabis this holiday season. And they can be a great alternative to alcoholic drinks (and they’re less likely to leave you feeling hungover). Here are three amazing cannabis cocktail recipes for this holiday season; pot toddy, white Christmas mojito, and cannabis-infused punch (sangria).
Mixing Cannabis and Alcohol
Before we share some great recipes lets talk about cannabis cocktails. For some, mixing alcohol and cannabis can be problematic because they affect your body differently and take effect at different rates and for varying lengths of time.
In his book, “Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails, and Tonics,” Warren Bobrow has great advice for easing into cannabis drinks. Overall, the message is to take it low and slow. Essentially, this means a low dosage and a single drink.
The unpredictability of drinking cannabis drinks leads to a few precautions:
- When beginning to experiment, do so in a safe environment such as your home just in case you do get too high. And do not drive.
- Start with non-alcoholic drinks and small dosages of cannabis-infused ingredients such as tinctures, syrups, and creamers.
- Wait! Just like edibles, your stomach needs to absorb the cannabis compounds, so don’t think that you need a second drink after 15 or 30 minutes. Practice patience.
- Limit how many cannabis drinks you have each day. Bobrow recommends playing it safe and sticking with a single infused drink per night.
Some of the recipes below do include alcohol, so if you are not an experienced user consider leaving out the alcohol or reducing the amount of alcohol. For recipes using Miss Envy’s tinctures, we recommend starting with a few drops per serving so you can have more than one. But remember, cannabis takes longer to be absorbed through the stomach so make sure to wait between cocktails (approximately 45 minutes or longer) especially if you’re using THC.
Cannabis Cocktail Recipes
Here are the amazing holiday cannabis cocktail recipes you need to try this holiday season.
Pot toddy is a great cannabis twist on the classic hot toddy. We leave out the whiskey as the cinnamon and nutmeg make it flavourful enough.
1 tablespoon of honey
2 fluid ounces boiling water
1 fluid ounce whiskey (optional)
1 cinnamon stick
3 whole cloves
1 slice lemon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
Your favourite Miss Envy tincture
- Pour the honey, boiling water, and whiskey into a mug.
- Spice it with the cloves and cinnamon, and put in the slice of lemon.
- Add Miss Envy tincture.
- Let the mixture stand for five minutes so the flavors can mingle, then sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg before serving.
White Christmas Mojito
A white Christmas mojito is a mojito twist with coconut, which is perfect with Miss Envy’s infused coconut oil. Though this recipe can be a little tricker with getting the coconut oil to mix properly so if you’d prefer to use a tincture that will work just as well.
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons white rum (optional)
1 tablespoon coconut rum (optional)
1/4 cup canned coconut milk
1 teaspoon Miss Envy coconut oil (dosage note: 1 teaspoon is 10mg CBD or 16mg THC)
sparkling water for topping
pomegranate arils and mint leaves (garnish)
- In a glass, muddle the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves until the leaves have broken down.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice.
- In a blender, combine the white rum, coconut rum, coconut milk and melted coconut oil, and pulse until smooth.
- Pour over the ice and stir to combine.
- Top with sparkling water, mint, and pomegranate.
Should we call this one a cannabis-infused punch or a sangria? What do you think? Either way, it is tasty and you can mix it up using your favourite fruits.
Ingredient amounts for approximately 1-3 servings scale proportionately for increased volumes. This is the perfect beverage to serve at your holiday party. With the flexibility of Miss Envy’s tinctures, each person can add their preferred dose directly to their own glass.
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1 cup tangerine juice
2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1 cup lemon-lime soda
1 cup of soda water
Your favourite Miss Envy tincture
Fresh fruits and mint for garnish
- In a large glass or jug, mix pomegranate juice, tangerine juice, and 2 cranberry juice cocktail.
- Add lemon-lime soda and cup soda water.
- Add Miss Envy tincture (or for bigger batches consider adding to each individual glass).
- Garnish with fresh fruit and mint.
- Mix and Serve.
Check out some of our other amazing cannabis holiday baking recipes like; snowball cookies, sugar cookies, and hot chocolate spoons. As well as some of our cannabis holiday meal ideas like; sweet potato casserole, garlic mashed potatoes, and stuffing/cranberry sauce.
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals or leave us a comment and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!