Cannabis Energy Bites (Oatmeal)
We have survived the first week of school! We typically start off September with the best of intentions; to eat healthily, particularly eating breakfast, to sleep enough, to stay organized, etc. But whether we’re a university student or a busy parent, these intentions are tough to upload. Often breakfast is the first thing to go as we rush through our busy mornings. With these tasty and versatile cannabis energy bites we can make breakfast easy!
These cannabis energy bites have an oatmeal base that can be used in many different creative ways by adding your favourite ingredients, this recipe includes four different flavours for you to try.
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
INGREDIENTS for Oatmeal Cannabis Energy Bites Base
Makes 24 cannabis energy bites
1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats (jumbo rolled oats)
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup ground flaxseeds (milled flax)
1/4 cup Miss Envy’s CBD coconut oil (125mg CBD
1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted peanut butter)
Measurements based on dividing the base into four equal portions to create four different flavours per batch. If you are making more or fewer flavours adjust measurements accordingly.
Dark Chocolate: 2 tablespoons Dark chocolate chips
Coconut: 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
Fruit: 2 tablespoons crushed banana chips (could also try other dried fruits like cranberries)
2 tablespoons finely chopped dried apple slices
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
This recipe contains approximately 5.2mg of CBD so you can customize your personal dose easily and consume more than one energy bite for breakfast. If you adjust the dose you may have to adjust the number of oats to ensure the proper consistency (see instructions note one). If you choose to change CBD for THC (or a combination of each) calculate your dose accurately and please use responsibly. Calculate your dose by using our measurement guide.
- In a large bowl, combine everything together using a spatula. It should all come together and form a sticky but slightly crumbly batter. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit more peanut butter and honey. If the mixture is too sticky, add a bit more oats. (the texture may change based on the type of peanut butter you choose or the amount of coconut oil you use)
- Divide the batter into different bowls depending on how many different flavours you are making.
- For each bowl, add in the mix-in of choice, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. This will make it easier to press into balls.
- Press and roll the batter into roughly 1-inch balls. You should be able to make 6 Oatmeal Energy Balls per each mix-in if you make four different flavours.
- Enjoy immediately, and store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.
When you give these cannabis energy bites a try, experiment a little and find the flavours that work best for you. Let us know what your favourite flavour is. Take a photo of your energy bites and tag us on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!