As the weather starts to cool down we start to think about Fall and all of our amazing comfort food recipes. Now is the time to start thinking about all the ways we can make these recipes even cozier by infusing them with cannabis. So, let’s start off with my favourite comfort food; cannabis-infused garlic mashed potatoes.
When think about comfort food it’s impossible not to think about Thanksgiving, especially when we are talking about mashed potatoes. Surprisingly Thanksgiving isn’t too far off for us Canadians (only six weeks away). Stay tuned for more amazing recipes for Thanksgiving over the next few weeks, we might even include an extra special cannabis dessert recipe.
Cannabis Infused Garlic Mashed Potatoes
2.5 pounds unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
1 head of garlic (this makes potatoes that are quite garlicky you can use less if you prefer)
1/4 cup of Miss Envy’s coconut oil mixed with 1/2 cup of butter (or regular coconut oil) Can adjust the dose by decreasing infused coconut oil and increasing the amount of butter (see dosage note below)
2-3 ounces Romano cheese, grated
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
Dosage note: 1/4 cup of THC coconut oil is 20omg THC and 1/4 cup of CBD coconut oil is 125mg of CBD. Check out or dosage calculator to help choose the most appropriate dose and measure accurately. At Envy we always recommend starting with a smaller dose and work your way up. A smaller dose also means you can eat more, which is perfect for Thanksgiving (or really any time).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cover quartered potatoes with 1″ of cold water in a large pot. Cook on high until tender but still firm, approximately 45 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, slice top portion off of heads of garlic and remove the excess papery skin.
- Drizzle garlic with olive oil.
- Wrap garlic tightly in foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Let garlic cool slightly then press on the bottom of the garlic clove to push it out of its paper. Set mushy cloves aside.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Stir in butter, cheese, roasted garlic, salt, and oregano.
- Mash with a potato masher or mixer.
- Enjoy as a side with many of your favourite meals
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!