It is Pride season, so here is a bonus recipe post this week for Pride preparation. It is really easy to get caught up in the festivities and forget to make time for self-care. The weather is predicted to be hot. So, make sure you are eating enough, drinking lots of water and applying sunscreen (if you plan to be outside). The best solution to the food problem, Cannabis Rainbow Bagels!
Making sure we are eating enough, and food that is healthy can be challenging. Especially when we aren’t getting the typical amount of sleep we are used to. Of course at Envy we would suggest continuing with your regular wellness routine and having your CBD tincture or CBD caps before bed. But have pre-prepped healthy food can make a huge difference in enjoying your weekend.
Try these amazing rainbow cannabis bagels. Of course rainbow for pride but also easy to make in the morning. Though they are fairly time consuming to make the first time so we would suggest making a large batch and sharing them with friends. Or maybe double the recipe and make some CBD and some THC for rejuvenation and starting your day off with a little extra energy. This recipe makes 8 cannabis rainbow bagels.
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
2 cups warm water
1 packet (approx 2 tsp) active dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
6 cups all-purpose flour (may need up to a cup extra)
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp canola oil, plus more for greasing the bowl
Red, yellow, green & blue food colouring
Cream Cheese spread (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS for Cannabis Rainbow Bagels
Before you start you’re going to have to decide if you’d like to make these rainbow bagels with CBD or THC and calculate your desired dose (this recipe makes eight bagels). You must do this first because you are going to need to mix Miss Envy’s coconut oil with the water before starting and the total liquid needs to be the same as the recipe (2 cups).
If you would like approximately 10mg THC in each bagel use 2 tbsps of THC infused coconut oil and mix with water over medium low heat until completely mixed then add the sugar as below. In this case you won’t have the adjust the water amount much.
If you would like approximately 20mg CBD in each bagel use 1/3 cup CBD infused coconut oil and 1 2/3 cups of water. Mix over medium low until completely mixed then add the sugar as below.
- Mix warm water and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add yeast to the sugar water and let stand until it bubbles and foams (about 10 minutes)
- Then add all-purpose flour, canola oil, and salt to the water. Mix with a wooden spoon until too thick to mix.
- After about 5 minutes, remove dough from the bowl and knead by hand for another 5 minutes until you have a smooth (not at all sticky) dough. If dough is still sticky, sprinkle with all-purpose flour, and knead until no longer sticky.
- Place the dough in a large bowl greased with oil, covering with plastic wrap to rise in a warm place for 60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- After dough has risen, punch it down and then divide it into 6 equal portions
- Dye each portion with food colouring (use yellow and red to make orange and blue and red to make purple).
- This next step is a tedious and time consuming process: you will have to knead each piece for 10-15 minutes to get a uniform colour. Keep at it though, it’s worth it for how beautiful and queer these are. Helpful Hint: Keep dough you aren’t using covered, so it doesn’t dry out.
- Next, roll out each coloured ball into a small rectangle and stack in rainbow order.
- Twist the stack together to make a rainbow log.
- Divide the rainbow log into 8 colourful balls. Make a hole in the center of each ball and stretch to make the bagel hole.
- Set bagels aside and let rise for an additional 10 minutes, covered.
- While bagels are rising, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F, and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Once bagels have risen, drop 3-4 bagels at a time into the boiling water. Boil for 30 seconds on each side.
- Let bagels dry on a cooling rack.
- After they have been boiled, bake them for 15 minutes on a parchment paper lined cooking sheet.
Share these amazing and beautiful cannabis rainbow bagels with friends and be prepared for an entire week of pride.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try leave us a comment or send us a message on Instagram or Pinterest @miss.envybotanicals and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!