Is pizza one of your favourite comfort foods just like ours? Thankfully pizza doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure that throws us off from our fitness goals. Although there’s definitely nothing wrong with treating ourselves and indulging every once in a while. But, why not make a healthy veggie pizza packed and have the best of both worlds. Make it a cannabis veggie pizza and you have the ultimate relaxing evening, perfect for a Friday movie night.
What are the secrets to a great healthy pizza (other than lots of veggies)? A thin crust, homemade pizza sauce with lots of flavour, and not a ton of cheese!
Bonus points for pairing this with a fresh tasty salad! Check out our favourite vinaigrette salad dressings that are easy to make with only a few ingredients. Make sure to pay attention to dosage if you are going to make more than one cannabis-infused recipe in one meal.
Healthy Cannabis Veggie Pizza
- pizza crust (thin crust)
- 1/2 cup Easy Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Miss Envy olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
1 tablespoon of Miss Envy’s olive oil has 44mg of THC which would be approximately 5.5mg of THC slice if cut into 8 slices. To increase the dose slightly, also use Miss Envy’s olive oil to drizzle on the arugula topping.
Note that dosages are always an approximation, please use responsibly.
- Make the pizza sauce: Make the Easy Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare the toppings: Thinly slice the peppers. Thinly slice the red onion. Thinly slice the garlic.
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Saute the vegetables, stirring often, for about 7 to 10 minutes, until browned and very soft.
- Stir in the oregano and remove from the heat.
- Bake the pizza: Spread the pizza sauce over the dough using the back of a spoon to create a thin layer. Sprinkle with the vegetables, drained capers, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the pizza at 450F until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven.
- While the pizza is baking, mix the baby arugula with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt. When the pizza is done, top with the arugula.
- Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
- Enjoy this tasty and healthy cannabis veggie pizza with family or friends.
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals or leave us a comment and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!