Chocolate Banana Protein Bars
Who doesn’t love a protein bar that is healthy but so tasty that it is almost like dessert? Thanks to Jordan at BrucesRoots for this amazing recipe. These Chocolate Banana Protein Bars are perfect for any time of the day and they’re easy to make. Add CBD or THC with Miss Envy’s coconut oil or melt one of our new chocolate bars to drizzle on top.
They take less than 10 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to bake and they’re high in fibre, protein, healthy fats, vitamins B and magnesium. They’re everything you didn’t know you needed. Consider making a double batch (like I did) and storing some in the freezer for an easy snack on the go.
1 banana (mashed)
1 1/4 cups organic old fashioned oats
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup maple syrup (I use Everland)
1/3 cup almond or peanut butter
1 -2 tsp organic true cinnamon
1/3 cup plant-based protein powder
coconut oil (optional)
Drizzle with Miss Envy’s Better Than… chocolate bars (melted).
Make sure to pay attention to the dose when melting the chocolate bars. An entire bar contains 120mg of THC or CBD unless they’re 1:1. So, if you use the entire bar and divide the batch into 10 bars they would contain approximately 12mg each. Please use responsibly.
At Envy, we recommend starting with a low dose and working your way up until you find the best dose for you. Added bonus you can always have more that way.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Place all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well with a spatula.
- Pack mixture down firmly into a pan (I use a 9 x 9 square pan).
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with Miss Envy’s CBD or THC chocolate.
- When cool, cut into bars. Store in an air-tight container or wrap them individually and throw them in the freezer for an easy grab-and-go snack.
- If mixing coconut oil it will set best in the freezer versus the fridge, but both work.
Thanks again to Jordan for this amazing recipe. Check out their blog or social media for more amazing recipes. If you’d like your recipe to be featured on our blog send us an email or contact us via social media.
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals or leave us a comment and we may give it a try!