I’m sure many of your big family gatherings have had those traditional sweet potato casseroles topping with sticky marshmallow topping. Don’t get me wrong those casseroles are tasty but they don’t typically leave us feeling good after the holiday season is over, and we have inevitably eaten too much. But there is an alternative! This maple pecan sweet potato casserole is not only tasty but it uses a lot less sugar and it is vegan, gluten and dairy-free so it will appeal to everyone. Infuse it with your favourite Miss Envy coconut oil and you have the perfect side dish for the holiday. Try this cannabis-infused sweet potato casserole and let us know what you think.
Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Filling
4 large sweet potatoes, cleaned and chopped into large chunks
3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
3 tbsp coconut sugar
2 1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Maple Pecan Topping
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
two-finger pinch sea salt
1 tbsp Miss Envy’s coconut oil, melted (1 tbsp 47mg THC or 30mg CBD)
1 tbsp of THC coconut oil is approximately 6mg per serving and 1 tbsp of CBD coconut oil is approximately 4mg per serving. If you would like a lower dose mix Miss Envy’s coconut oil with regular non-infused coconut oil, and if you would like a higher dose increase the amount of coconut oil slightly. Remember that dosage is approximately so please use responsibly.
- Add 8 cups of water to a large soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add in sweet potatoes and boil for 20 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Add oats and pecans into your food processor. Pulse a couple of times until about half the mixture is chopped.
- As your potatoes boil, prepare the topping by adding in all of the ingredients into a medium bowl and mix. Set aside and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Once the sweet potatoes are finished boiling, dump into a strainer and drain. Then place them into a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork (keeping some chunks for texture).
- Finally, add in the rest of your sweet potato filling ingredients, mix well, then dump into an 8×8 baking dish. Cover with maple pecan topping and place in the oven for 25 minutes, checking at the 20-minute mark (to ensure the topping doesn’t burn).
For the traditional sweet potato casserole with marshmallows check out this recipe on the Kitchn, it is only five ingredients!
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals or leave us a comment and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!