As the weather starts to get warmer we aren’t going to want to turn the oven on and bake those traditional weed edibles. Thankfully Envy has many alternatives with their easy to use edible products that are perfect with almost any meal. And with the coconut oil available in both CBD and THC you can customize your edibles to suit your needs. Check out last week’s Cooking With Envy’s easy to make CBD pasta recipe and pair it with this amazing THC Caprese Salad or use the THC olive oil and make a simple green salad. These two are both favourites in my household.
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 ripe tomato
3 ounces fresh mozzarella, thickly sliced
Bunch for fresh basil
Envy’s THC Olive Oil (1ml = 3mg THC) for two people drizzle approximately 4ml
Large pinch of salt
Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Measure the balsamic vinegar and pour into a saucepan. Bring it to a gentle boil over low heat. Cook until the vinegar has reduced to a nice thick glaze (about 15 minutes). Allow the reduction to cool to room temperature before you serve.
- When you are ready to assemble the salad, cut the tomatoes into thick slices. Arrange them on a platter, alternating them with the mozzarella slices. Tuck the whole basil leaves between the tomato and cheese slices.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the platter. Then drizzle olive oil in a thin stream over the top. Finally sprinkle on salt and pepper and you have a beautiful side dish perfect for the patio.
Another great idea is a homemade THC salad dressing that you can use everyday on your favourite types of salads or even use to marinate meat. My favourite to make in the spring and summer is a lemon vinaigrette as I love fresh fruit in my garden salad.
Lemon Vinaigrette (THC Salad Dressing)
(makes approximately 1 cup of dressing)
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbs dijon mustard
½ cup extra virgin olive oil (use 4:1 Extra virgin olive oil to THC olive oil; approximately 30mls THC olive oil)
1 Tbs honey
Zest and juice of 1 lemon (approximately 4 Tbs of juice and 3 tsp of zest)
1 clove of garlic, finely minced (OR 1 tsp of garlic powder)
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 Tbs fresh minced oregano (OR 2 tsp dried)
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake until well combined.
- Refrigerate and let flavours blend for at least 30 minutes before serving, preferably closer to 2 hours.
Note: The the dosage of THC is approximate and not 100% accurate and we suggest you start with a smaller amount of THC and increase slowly to figure out the perfect dose for you. Please use responsibly. With this salad dressing recipe not only will your tolerance and other factors affect the amount of THC you want to use but also how much dressing you like on your salad.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try leave us a comment on the website or send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!