Right now the CDC is recommending people wear a face covering when leaving their homes, but it’s important to not take away personal protective equipment from those who need it the most. So, here are instructions on how to make a bandana face mask (you can use your Miss Envy bandana).
If you haven’t already signed up for our newsletter, doing so you can get a free Miss Envy bandana. So, sign up today!
How to Make a Bandana Face Mask
- Bandana (or square cotton cloth approximately 20”x20”)
- Coffee filter
- Rubber bands (or hair ties)
- Leave the coffee filter flat and cut it in half removing the cone part of the filter
- Fold the Bandana in half
- Place the coffee filter in the middle of the bandana.
- Fold the filter into the middle of the bandana by folding the top down and the bottom up
- Place rubber bands (or hair ties) on each end approximately 6″ apart.
- Fold each side of the bandana into the centre.
- To wear: pull the elastics over each ear, ensure it fits comfortably and completely covers your mouth and nose without restricting your breathing.
- To remove: make sure to remove by the elastic bands and avoid touching the front. Then remove the coffee filter, wash the bandana in the washing machine and don’t forget to wash your hands.
Also, note that wearing a face mask does not completely ensure your safety while out in public. It’s important to still be conscious of social distancing, avoid touching your face and regularly wash your hands.
Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
We would love to see you share photos of yourself wearing your Miss Envy face masks, take a photo, share it on Instagram and tag us @miss.envybotanicals (also share this post so we can all stay safe).