No-Bake Cannabis Cookie Dough Bars (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
Who doesn’t love cookie dough? But most of us probably don’t eat it because it’s not that good for us and typically has a lot of added sugar. But it doesn’t have to! We adapted this amazing cookie dough bars recipe from Rainbow Plant Life and turned them cannabis cookie dough bars.
Since I didn’t have a food processor I used oat flour and my Vitamix and they still turned out great! Share your creations (or adaptations) on social using the hashtag #CookingWithEnvy.
Makes 8 large bars (but feel free to adapt the size)
1 cup soft Medjool dates (about 8 ounces), pitted
2 3/4 cups rolled oats (about 2 1/4 cups oat flour)
1/4 cup smooth tahini (or almond butter or cashew butter)
4 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup (vegan) chocolate chips, divided
2 teaspoons Miss Envy infused coconut oil, melted
Making these Cannabis Cookie Dough Bars
You have two options to make these tasty cookie dough bars into your new favourite cannabis edibles: (1) Add 2 teaspoons of Miss Envy’s infused coconut oil to the chocolate chips before melting to top the cookie dough bars. (2) Use Miss Envy’s Better Than chocolate bars divided and/or melted.
Make sure to accurately calculate the cannabis dose depending on the method you choose and please use responsibly.
2 teaspoons of Miss Envy’s coconut oil is approximately 32 mg THC and 20 mg CBD (divided by the number of bars).
For help with measuring and accurately dosing homemade edibles with Miss Envy’s cannabis-infused products use our measurement guide.
- If the dates are not very soft, cover them with hot water for 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Place the oats in the bowl of the food processor and pulverize them until you have fine oat flour. Alternatively, you can use store-bought oat flour.
- Add the pitted dates, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt to the oat flour. Pulse until the mixture forms into a sticky dough (it should turn into a ball). If it feels dry, add a spoon of plant-based milk a teaspoon at a time until the dough just sticks together when pressed.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips using a silicone spatula.
- If the dough is too sticky to handle with your hands, place the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm it up a bit.
- Line a 9×5-inch or 8×4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang (will use as handles to lift out of the pan later). Spread the dough into the pan and smooth the top out evenly, pressing all the way into corners (hint: use a flat-bottomed glass). Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl with the coconut oil. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is almost melted. Use a spoon to stir the chocolate until it is melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the cookie dough. Since the bars are cold, the chocolate will harden on top. Slice into bars and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the freezer.
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals or leave us a comment and we may give it a try!