Philippine Style Spring Rolls
I would have never thought to make cannabis-infused spring rolls or any spring rolls to be completely honest. But these Philippine style spring rolls (called Lumpiang Shanghai in the Philippine native tongue) made by one of our amazing customers, Cat Dallo, looked so tasty I had to give them a try. And Cat assured me that they weren’t too hard to make. I was surprised that my attempt wasn’t a complete failure, though they did not look as good as hers did. These spring rolls are so tasty they are the perfect side dish for many meals or an incredible snack to share with friends.
These spring rolls are made with Miss Envy’s cannabis-infused coconut oil. Cat used the THC version but you could easily use CBD if you prefer. All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
Mise En Plase, Ingredients
Large mixing bowl
A small bowl of water
Miss Envy Botanicals 400mg THC Infused Coconut Oil
Ground beef/pork or chicken
Red or Yellow Onions
TYJ Spring Roll Pastry Wrap (made of wheat flour, water, oil, and salt, and their square shape makes them ideal for wrapping the fried Filipino spring rolls known as lumpia. Don’t confuse them with egg roll wrappers)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
INSTRUCTIONS for Cannabis Spring Roll Prep
- Dice onions and carrots.Dice as finely as you can
- Slice green onions thinly on a bias
- Mix your protein and vegetables together evenly in a large mixing bowl
(Optional step: you can also dice potatoes, fry them with Miss Envy Coconut Oil till they are golden brown, set aside to drip and cool, and mix them in with your protein, carrots, and onions for some extra YUM!)
- Scoop out a tea spoon’s portion of your spring roll mix onto your TYJ Pastry Wrap. Place the portion in the middle of the wrap.
- Start rolling from one corner of the wrap. Once you have reached the middle, take the outer two corners of your wrap and fold them inwards towards the middle, then continue rolling your sping roll closed.
- Seal the spring roll by dipping your finger in a small bowl of water, sliding it across the wrap’s opening seam, and let the water seal the spring roll closed.
Repeat this process until you are satisfied with the number of spring rolls. You can also freeze these spring rolls and save them to cook up on a different day.
INSTRUCTIONS for Cooking
- Set your frying pan to heat on low, to medium-low heat. Once the pan is heated, add a couple of tablespoons of Miss Envy Botanicals THC Infused Coconut Oil to let heat. We want these babies to cook golden brown on the outside and juicy all the way through. This allows more time for the infused coconut oil to absorb as well.
- Cook spring rolls 2-3 minutes each side till golden brown.
- GET MUNCHING!
Recipe: Cat Dallo / IG: @iamcatjay
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!