Great for dipping with light breads, a savoury homemade pizza sauce, or a mix of flavours in pastas and vegetable mixes, a Marinara Sauce with the right blend of herbs and spices will be sure to pack the perfect amount of flavour in your dish.
Fresh ingredients are the trick to bringing this warm classic to life – be sure to source quality ingredients, when possible, for a full spectrum of taste experiences.
With a little bit of the Miss Envy Botanicals added touch, here’s a guide to making your own Medicated Marinara Medley – to infuse flavour into your next culinary creation!
PREP: 20 mins | COOK: 2 Hours | TOTAL TIME : 2 Hours 20 Minutes
- 8 Large Tomatoes, ripe
- 2 Med Onion, finely chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 stems fresh Cilantro, minced
- ½ tsp dried Oregano 2 Bay leaves (remove when done)
- 1 bottle Miss Envy Botanicals Solvent-Free Olive Oil (125 ml | ½ cup)
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Powdered Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Blanch tomatoes 1-2 minutes in a pot of boiling water to loosen skin. Peel the tomatoes, then squeeze out any seeds before chopping.
- Sauté garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil until light brown and add cilantro. Stir thoroughly, then add tomatoes.
- Mix in sugar and other dried spices.
- Slowly mix in Miss Envy Botanicals Solvent-free olive oil. Add bay leaves and continue simmering for about 1 1/2 hour more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add to pasta or use for dipping – or you can freeze or can to save the flavour for later.
Yields: 4 Cups
Dosage: 75MG THC/ Cup