Strawberry Infused Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1-2 tsp Miss Envy extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 eggs, room temperature*
1 cup plain greek yogurt*
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups diced strawberries, fresh or frozen + 2 tbsp flour
Optional: 1 tsp turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, and eggs. Beat together with a whisk. Add the yogurt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon, just until combined (do not overmix). Toss the strawberries with two tbsp of flour and gently fold them into the batter. The flour will prevent them from sinking to the bottom. If you’re using frozen, rinse them first and then coat them with flour to prevent any streaking or bleeding of the strawberries into your batter. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups. You can use a large cookie scoop or a 1/4 cup measure to keep things consistent.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with turbinado sugar. Bake for 2 minutes at 425, then turn the oven down to 375 and bake for an additional 18-22 minutes. The tops should be slightly golden brown and a toothpick should come out clean when they’re done. Remove from the oven and let cool as-is for about 10 minutes, then remove from the muffin tray to finish cooling.
- Once prepared, these muffins will store for 3-5 days.
Greek yogurt: Higher fat yogurt will yield a richer muffin.
Make it dairy-free: Replace the yogurt with vegan buttermilk – just mix 2/3 cup non-dairy milk with 2 tsp vinegar. Let it rest for 5 minutes before adding it to the other liquid ingredients.
Make it vegan: You can replace the eggs with flax eggs. Whisk together 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 2.5 tbsp of water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to gel.
Make it gluten-free: Replace the AP flour with a gluten-free AP flour blend.
RECIPE BY MICHELLE GARLAND Find her on Instagram at @plentyfullme
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals or leave us a comment and we may give it a try!