Cannabis Zucchini Fritters
Traditionally when people thought about cannabis edibles they thought of sweet treats such as brownies. While sometimes you do want to go back to your roots with these treats sometimes, more often than not people are looking for better ways to consume cannabis edibles. At Envy, we want to make it easy to turn all of your favourite meals and snacks into edibles if you desire (check out our growing list of recipes here). Our line of edible products do just that. These cannabis zucchini fritters made by Michelle at Plentfulme are to die for and they’re a great healthy snack.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
2 small zucchinis, shredded (about 2 cups)
2 tbsp Miss Envy olive oil, plus more for cooking
1/2 cup onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of sea salt and pepper
2 cups chopped spinach
1/3 cup chickpea flour
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup fresh dill
1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
- Prepare your quinoa and let cool before use.
- Using a box grater, shred the zucchini. Measure out 2 cups. Transfer the zucchini to a clean towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add Miss Envy olive oil, onion, and garlic. Season with sea salt and pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until fragrant. Add zucchini and saute for another 2 minutes. Lastly, add chopped spinach and stir to slightly wilt. Set aside.
- To prepare chickpea “eggs” combine chickpea flour and water in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Stir together the sauteed vegetables, quinoa, and fresh dill. Then add the chickpea mixture and stir again. Lastly, add the gluten-free flour and stir until combine. You should have a slightly tacky but moldable mixture. Add more gluten-free flour as needed if too wet to handle.
- Form into 1/4-inch-thick patties the size of the palm of your hand. In the meantime, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add Miss Envy olive oil to coat the pan and enough fritters to comfortably fit without crowding. Pan fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with garnishes of choice, such as lemon juice, dairy-free yogurt, hummus or fresh dill. Enjoy!
Recipe and photos for cannabis zucchini fritters by
Michelle Garland, CNP
Plentyfullme Nutrition + Lifestyle Consulting